FISH FISH FISH FISH

I'm not gonna lie to you, I've watched this at least 20 times in the last month.

Oddlem responds:

LOL glad ye like it mate :D

Bottles Bottles

I really like visual stories with no voice acting. Especially with this sort of melancholy fantasy world.

PICO AND DADDY GO FANCY PICO AND DADDY GO FANCY

Whole animation was great, but holy fuck that colourful house in the beginning was fucking beautiful.

INTO THE ABYSS v1.1 INTO THE ABYSS v1.1

Well I got 82% with no secrets found, though I had a few ideas where some might be. I just didn't know if this would be the kind of game for them and focused on finishing. Also that spider sprite was nightmarish. I loved the aesthetic, I'm a real sucker for gameboy graphics and this looked awesome.

Now some criticism. There were a few jumps that were a little unfair given the camera was too far up to be able to see the spikes below. So you take a leap of faith and end up on a spike, generally you want that stuff to be fair so you don't get cheap deaths. There was a later one with a bat out of view that I hopped on rushing through, but we can attribute that to my lack of patience.

I also died a few times before getting my second heart to the frogs sitting so close to the doorways. You walk out and walk straight into a frog before you realize they're there. That's not a super cheap death, but maybe if they were even one tile further away it would give people more reaction time.

Last criticism is that the unity round hitbox is fairly noticeable in this game. Is this one of your first attempts at making a platformer in unity to teach yourself? If so, you made it much farther than I did and actually made something to be proud of. Though from what I did learn square hitboxes work better for this sort of game so that jumping is smoother, and you don't get hitched on walls so awkwardly.

That's all, I hope none of my criticisms came off as mean or anything, I really did like it, I just want to give an honest opinion that might help make your game better.

gamesbynoe responds:

Thank you for your review! I will make some tests with box colliders. BTW im working on another game thats why all your tips very helpfull! Thank you.

Dream Hopper Dream Hopper

Went looking for tower of god to see if the people behind it had made anything else, and here we are. I'm sad things ended when I entered that doorway. I thought I'd just get another boss fight. I wanted to collect the rest of the pickups. Lots of fun though, barely noticed the time passing.

Don't Kill Grandma Don't Kill Grandma

Shit, didn't get to see my score at the end. Think I got to like 20 or something. Very unique, but screw that Medusa one and how fast it gets. After 4 letters its hard as hell.

Watching Winter Waterfalls Watching Winter Waterfalls

Enjoyed the story and the song. I've never lived in any super dangerous neighbourhoods. The most dangerous place I lived just had lots of druggies in the city. In the few years I lived there I barely went outside other than for groceries and work. It always boggles my mind how some people can survive in environments like you mentioned in your story. Like, number one reason I avoid starting fights with people, is because I'm scared that they'll eventually come for revenge with a bunch of their friends. I don't know how far they'll go, who's going to pull a knife or a gun on me etc. So I just avoid conflict entirely. Having to deal with that stuff every day would be a nightmare.

Quarl responds:

Yeah, kids grew up in that shit. There was a statistic in Oakland that one out of three kids would drop out of school before acquiring a GED. My friend Markus was dating a girl whose 1st grade daughter was dropping out, already two years behind. That means a certain future in prostitution. The system doesn't fail those people by accident. The system in poor black communities is designed as a slippery slope into private for-profit prisons. Those kids are graduating from juvenile, into adult prison. Reform is not the aim. Profit is.

Undertale - CORE (Smash Remix) Undertale - CORE (Smash Remix)

Could barely recognize the original song. Sounds really good though. Does it use soundfonts from smash bros or something?

MrSmash64 responds:

not smash bros, but it does use various other soundfonts. if i was using the ssb64 soundfont, i would've used that trumpet :p

[SpaceScale OST] - Seashore Shuffle [SpaceScale OST] - Seashore Shuffle

This one reminds me a lot of Paper Mario battle or character theme.

MrSmash64 responds:

i've... actually never played the paper mario games. now i'm interested xD

Toga chan Toga chan

Toga is a hottie.

Dress Samus Dress Samus

Just as cute the second time around. Hair got a nice upgrade too. Dress is slightly less frilly, but I like the longer legs. Samus is pretty tall after all.

Asymmetrical Asymmetrical

You really like fish don't you?

Oddlem responds: